Thursday, August 20, 2009

Rain In Late Summer



The other night I went for a drive with a friend of mine. We drove with the top down since it was a perfect evening. Not too cool not too hot. Just lovely.

We stopped and bought ice cream. I had the cherry rum variety. It wasn't too bad really.

I took these photos that night. The friend I traveled around with is pictured in the second to the last photo below.

In the last couple of days it has been raining a lot. And on rainy days I seem to do my deepest and most productive thinking. I have realized that I still want to go to Wales... and I am willing to wait a while if necessary. So I will.... and in the time between then and now I will try to read, write and paint as much as possible.
Right now I am reading a book about Theodore Roosevelt. It is refreshingly enjoyble reading. I have always admired our first President Roosevelt, but now I think I admire him even more. What a tenacious man. Good grief.

1 comment:

DENNI said...

NICE STORY! GREAT PHOTOS






XX
CHICMUSE