Wednesday, September 2, 2009

To Be Human

Sometimes I, very ignorantly, tend to think that the problems of today are somehow new and unique to this generation. However I recently have been reading song lyrics from decades past and I am intrigued by the similarity in our troubles. Somehow I am surprised by this and I really shouldn't be... I mean it's not like people are a different species than they were fifty years ago...

I guess I find it horrible in a way. I mean there are so many people who are so very sad and down... And there are cases where the person just gives up hope... Looking back at those cases with hindsight vision I just wish I had a time machine to go into the past and tell them to hold on just a bit longer... because if they did their life would improve... I am suddenly reminded of the movie The Butterfly Effect...

I found out today that I could have gone to Wales this fall if certain paperwork had just been sent to me sooner... (I just got it in the mail today... and it's too late now to get a visa)... I find this so ridiculous that I don't know what to do. I'm not angry. I just wonder what life would be if I had received the paperwork sooner... and I suppose I'll never know this side of eternity. It may not be a dramatic enough difference to change my life much... but then again I don't know that. Perhaps I was never meant to go to Wales this fall... and God would not let fate change its tune.

Time is a fabulously fascinating thing isn't it...

In a way I am thankful I'm not in Wales... because I feel I am doing things worthy of time and energy right now, while I am home, that I couldn't do otherwise. So there it is...



Fashion has taken an intriguing view of the past lately too. I am loving the 40's styles this fall... The 1940's are my favorite years for fashion by far. :)

No comments: