Friday, June 12, 2009

A Walk in the City

The other day my mom and I took a walk around her neighborhood. It was on a lovely day. Actually I think that day felt more like spring than it has since. There has been a lot of rain lately.
We also experimented with cous cous, curry, talapia, spinach and red peppers for dinner that day. And I made some sort of drink with cherries and crushed ice. :)

Today I am drinking coffee again... and thinking about the French language. I'm trying to learn it and it's not easy for me. I have a very rough time pronouncing the French r. It reminds me of how I couldn't pronounce the English l until I was nearly 6 or 7. I used to replace it with a w. So when I was told to clean my room I would say I was "cweening my room." I was a mess. haha. I think it ended when I entered daycare and a girl teased me into submission and insisted I pronounce the letter l correctly.







1 comment:

Laura said...

Reading your blog is like a balm for the soul, really. I love your musings and your photos - they have such a calming effect!

I'm sorry for being a bad friend recently...you should expect a call from me in the very near future. I miss you and hope you are well, dear.