Tuesday, October 7, 2008

England


The other day I was watching A River Runs Through It for the first time and I was very taken with it. I haven't seen something that great for a long time. It reminds me of my childhood really... The good part of it, which was the fact that I thought America was inpentrable or at least I rested in the fact that it felt that way.

I remember the whole atmosphere of life being lighter and more hopeful back then. Movies reflected this I think... A River Runs Through It feels like it was made in the 1990s... I wish I could be more articulate about what I am trying to describe but... for now that's all I can say.

And what a beautiful movie really... Ironic too though... It was made in the 1990's... about the 1920's before the crash of the stock market... It seems fiiting.

A well-off family in Montana... one son who is allowed to escape.. and returns. Another who is forced to stay behind... and in the end runs away never to return.

It's just amazing... I'm not doing it justice.

Anyway.... I got my Marc Jacobs perfume in the mail from Sephora. And I am LOVING it. I feel like a cloud of beauty just floats around me... lifting my spirits and refreshing my mind. It's amazing what just a pleasant smell can accomplish.....




Tomorrow I am flying home to see my mother. It should be pleasant... I hope.

I haven't heard from Edgar. At all... He still has my watch. I still have the shorts... that belonged to his roomate's girlfriend...

Do you ever feel like something is going on and you can't figure it out... you really can't. But whatever it is... it's important... And you just wish you knew what it was...

But... only time will tell.

PS I am really strongly considering England for grad school...


No comments: