Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Musing


So I had a long talk with Chopin last night...

Apparently he thinks I'm gorgeous... and that's both tremendously reassuring and odd... and wonderful... and I have no idea what to do with that...

So a friend of mine told me that men are like waffles and women are spaghetti... Our thoughts all mix together... men... think of one thing at a time. Maybe... maybe...


PS The two photos above were originally from The Sartorialist...
And I have no idea how to flirt... Which Chopin... well ok.. that name sounds silly now... Lets call him... Damn... I don't know. His middle name is Robert... but... calling him Bob sounds... strange... so let's call him Edgar. Because Edgar sounds.... mysterious... and... yet silly. :)
Anyway....


And isn't it odd how people are so mean to each other... Perhaps we are all really just greedy bitches all fighting over the same stupid pair of shoes... Ok that sounds really sexist... but could it be true? I mean... are we all just morons trying to kill each other off to get to be the "King of the Hill."


Not realizing that if we kill each other off entirely being at the top is rather... mundane and boring... not to mention pointless...


So what is this?


All I want to do is just enjoy art... but apparently, according to my boyfriend who is an artist, the art world is full of vicious elitists... who tear each other and themselves to pieces... over what? Nothing... absolutely fucking nothing.

Just as this man... who apparently won the world record for... his hair... ? ... So many competitions that people practically kill themselves to win are just.... meaningless...




So so much for my haven of beauty...



However, perhaps there is the off chance that if you fight for it you can find some peace away from the mess in a world of tranquil taste... beauty...


But... Perhaps there are others who long for this...

Odd as it might seem I find so much comfort from a well dressed individual... When they got dressed they decided to make a choice to add to beauty... to reverently honor something of our better selves... whether they realized it or not... It sort of gives me hope. That we really do want to change ourselves... That we really do long for something better.





Silly as that might be...






So perhaps even in our darkest moments we still crave and seek goodness...
Which leads me to my other train of thought.... Jenna Bush. Isn't she fascinating. I have had a certain appreciation for this lady since I saw a photo of her long ago sticking her tongue out at the press as she drove by in a motorcade.... How grandly rebellious. She is so irreverant at times that one wonders if she is really hiding something deeper... same goes for her father. What goes on in that head of hers?

Wouldn't you love to be a mouse in the corner... listening to the truth... which would inevitably be both shockingly mundane... perhaps sad... maybe a little moving... and even funny at times I imagine... or maybe we would find ourselves smack dab in the middle of something illuminating... and we would, best case scenario, learn something about progress... America... Empires... and human nature? I don't know... but I would love to meet her someday. She has always seemed like an interesting soul to me...

And she is on the top... in a way... I wonder what that view really looks like? Really.

No comments: