Monday, February 21, 2011

Awards...

This weekend I will be excitedly watching the Academy Awards. There was an abundance of brilliance this season and I can hardly wait to see who will be awarded an Oscar.

I thought Natalie Portman was beyond amazing in her leading role in Black Swan and should be duly awarded for that performance. Equally, Colin Firth demonstrated his talent in his role as a king with a challenging stutter. I hope he also wins.

I'm afraid I don't have too many other strong opinions however... For instance, it would be hard for me to pick a best picture.

But, in any case, there are two peach, possibly pale pink, dresses that have caught my attention this season. One was at the Golden Globes, worn by Scarlett Johannson, and the other was worn by Taylor Swift at the People's Choice Awards. I was however, a tiny bit disappointed by Natalie Portman's choice at the Golden Globes and I'm hoping she stuns us with a fabulous piece this time when she walks up on stage...

Natalie Portman is a an amazing actress. I watched her performance in Black Swan and concluded that some part of the non-ill Nina must have resembled Ms Portman. Her acting was seamless. Then I re-watched Garden State and realized how different those two roles are and yet how shockingly convincing she is in both of them. Natalie Portman is brilliant. I'm definitely a new fan... I hope she wins! :)









http://fashion.telegraph.co.uk/hot-topics/174/awards-season-2011.html (Taylor Swift)

entertainment.xin.msn.com (Scarlett Johannson)

http://www.zimbio.com/Natalie+Portman/articles/-d9NHpREkqa/Pregnant+Natalie+Portman+Golden+Globes+2011 (Natalie Portman)

http://theblayreport.com/2011/01/19/natalie-portman%E2%80%99s-golden-globes-mani-almost-makes-up-for-that-dress-almost/ (Natalie Portman)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie Portman is beauty as always:)
violin lessons in Mississauga

Jan and Shelley said...

do you recommend Black Swan? most of my friends thought it was not so good but I would like to make up my own mind xx

Muirin said...

Shel,

Sorry for the EXTREMELY late response... I haven't signed in for ages...

I doubt you are still wondering whether or not to watch Black Swan, but if you did I would be curious to know what you thought of it.

It is a bit more than edgy, but is also, in my opinion, an artistic masterpiece. There are many parts of this movie that are not even almost suitable for a younger audience, of course. However, it is such a brilliant movie...

I don't know... it's one of those movies I go back and forth with. What did you think?